Balance is definitely a buzzword these days. We’ve all been told how important it is to find the perfect work-life balance and eat a balanced diet, but there’s a whole a lot more to finding balance than your job and what you eat.
If you think about it, there are many areas in your life that contribute to your overall satisfaction and enjoyment. Your job, home life, spirituality, emotional state, social life, personal growth, and physical health all need to be taken into account when thinking about balance.
Depending on our season of life, certain areas will feel more balanced than others. Something like personal growth may be a priority for you, but perhaps you feel like your social life is practically non-existent. There’s definitely an intentional evaluation process that needs to happen in order for us to see which areas we may be neglecting in our life. But once you’ve identified these areas, it becomes easier to understand what you can add (or subtract) to your life in order to feel more balanced.
I could go on and on about finding balance in your life, but for now, I wanted to share some words of wisdom that I’ve found around the internet. Whether you need to work on your physical health or get in touch with your spiritual side, I think you’ll find something below that will help you feel a little more balanced!
Work & Productivity
Work-life balance is the topic of the century, but feeling content with your work is the first step in the equation. If you’ve been feeling unmotivated, unfulfilled, or stressed out about deadlines, here’s what to read first:
- How to stay motivated in a job you don’t love
- To anyone who thinks they’re falling behind
- Why you’re not as productive as you want to be (and what to do about it)
Your home should feel like a relaxing, inviting, and safe place. If you’ve been feeling uninspired by your living space or desk area, here are some tips to make them more delightful:
- 40+ practical tips to declutter your home
- How to get rid of clutter & live abundantly (this is a complete joke, but absolutely hilarious)
- 7 blissful tools to make your desk more zen
Making a connection with the spiritual dimension is an important factor in finding balance. Spirituality involves a personal practice that allows you to find more meaning in life, and these posts are perfect to help you find a connection to something greater than oneself:
- A complete guide to vision journaling
- 5 meditation tips for beginners
- How to add more mindfulness into your everyday
Tending to your emotional needs, managing stress, and understanding your internal psyche are all necessary to creating a balanced life. If you’ve been lacking compassion and kindness for yourself and others lately, read these posts:
- 15 things to stop giving a shit about
- To anyone who has lost themselves.
- Emotionally drained? Losing steam? Give it space.
Social connection is an important dimension of your life because it creates a sense of belonging and acceptance which we humans need, and it allows us to create and share a common bond with others. Make your relationships more intentional with these tips:
- How to make new friends as an adult
- Be more present in your friendships
- How to be a better friend, even when you’re busy
Finding balance between mental stimulation and mental relaxation can be tough, but it’s important to encourage both in your life. Learn something new or give your busy mind a break with these links:
- An easy mindfulness practice for busy minds
- Easy ways to sharpen your logical thinking
- 7 uplifting podcasts to reduce overwhelm & boost your mood
Taking care of your body through regular exercise, balanced nutrition, and sufficient amounts of sleep has a massive effect on your energy levels and overall sense of well-being. If you’ve been having trouble prioritizing your health, read these posts:
- How to stay consistent with health goals (when everything else sucks)
- 8 ways to stay active if you sit at your desk all day
- 3 reasons you’re staying up too late (and how to quit doin’ them)
Do you have any tips for finding balance in life? Leave them in a comment below!
Want blissful tips in your inbox?
Sign up for The Blissful Mind email list, and you'll get even more content to help you slow down, de-stress, and add a practical dose of mindfulness into your day!
Welcome, friend! Check your email to confirm your subscription.