My Top Three Goals for August
I’m not gonna lie to you, I did a pretty terrible job with my goals for July. I’m not too bothered about it though because I spent the majority of the month moving into our new apartment (here’s a tour if you haven’t seen it yet!) and I feel like that’s a legitimate excuse, right?
August should hopefully be a pretty calm month for me, although I think it’s a great time to start preparing for the busier months (I’m looking at you, September & October) and work on those wishlist items you’ve been putting off.
I feel like we always have these big plans for the summer because it’s calmer and less busy, but then it just flies by and you realize you haven’t gotten much done at all! Here’s your reminder to appreciate the last month before the crazy but don’t forget to be a productive motha effa at the same time. Time to set some monthly goals!
1. Do the 30-day squat challenge. Nope. I think I did about two weeks of this and then just completely forgot about it. I have just joined a gym so I think that makes up for it!
2. Meditate every morning. Nope. I’m actually kind of annoyed that I didn’t keep up with this one because I think meditation is so important, but I just didn’t make time to schedule it in.
3. Hike to Tolmie Peak. I’m doing this today! So essentially I completed none of my goals this month, but at least I’m still doing this one haha.
MY TOP THREE GOALS FOR AUGUST
1. Go for a walk every day after dinner. Walking after eating is always a good idea, and I think this will be a good way to appreciate the summer weather while it lasts. It’ll also give me a chance to explore the new area we live in!
2. Do at least 1 guest blog post. Mariah Coz from Femtrepreneur.co always talks about how important it is to guest post on other blogs to reach a new audience and share your ideas with more people, so I’m going to reach out to some people and see if I can guest blog for them. It’s something that does scare me a little bit, but I’m going to be brave!
3. Cut out coffee. Oof. I did this one as one of my goals for March and actually did a pretty good job, but as soon as it wasn’t my goal anymore, I slipped back into drinking coffee every day. I think it’s honestly messing with my ability to sleep and it’s sucking all of my money out of my wallet, so I’m going to try really hard to go cold turkey with this one. I imagine I’ll be drinking a lot more peppermint tea instead. Wish me luck, I’ll need it!
What are your goals for August?
Want blissful tips in your inbox?
Sign up for The Blissful Mind email list, and you'll get even more content to help you slow down, de-stress, and add a practical dose of mindfulness into your day!
Welcome, friend! Check your email to confirm your subscription.
Hi, I’m Catherine! I’m the mindset coach and writer behind The Blissful Mind. Whether you’re trying to reduce stress, slow down, or feel more content, I’m here to help make life a little calmer.