My Top Three Goals for September
Hello, my friends! I hope you’re all well and not too distraught that summer is practically over. I’m not sure summer even happened because it went by SO quickly. The weather in Seattle has suddenly shifted into rainy-season mode, and our power even went out yesterday because it was so windy. While I should probably be mourning the departure of summer, I have to admit that I love being inside on rainy days, cozying up on the couch and sipping a cup of tea.
But I am starting to feel a little apprehensive about the coming months because they’re always the busiest times of the year (at least it feels like it!). I need to push myself to schedule blog posts ahead of time so that I’m not struggling to write something at the last minute. Has anyone come up with a technique for scheduling posts ahead of time? I always feel like I’m playing catch up!
P.S. If you’re finding it incredibly difficult to get back into work mode after a vacation or just the summer in general, I shared 5 Simple Ways to Get Your Productivity Back over at Embracing Simple. Go check it out! :)
Before we get into my goals for September, let’s do a little recap of my August goals!
1. Go for a walk every day after dinner. Yeah yeah! This was actually awesome. I’m totally going to continue doing this because it creates the perfect break after dinner before settling down for the evening (and watching The Office for the second time).
2. Do at least 1 guest blog post. I nailed this one within a week of setting my goal! My guest post at Embracing Simple went live today, so please go check it out and give Christina some love!
3. Cut out coffee. Um. Yeah. I just checked my bank account and apparently I bought coffee 17 times out of the 31 days in August. Better than buying it everyday, riiiiiight? My bad. I feel like it’s part of my morning routine to get to work and buy coffee before I can start being productive. I know it’s just a habit that I need to break, but man is it hard. Maybe my envelope goal for September will help me stop buying it…
MY TOP THREE GOALS FOR SEPTEMBER
1. Use the envelope system. I always hear people recommending that you budget your money for the month and keep the cash in envelopes so you’re less inclined to overspend. Since I’m trying to be more frugal with my money (aka not spend it all on coffee), I want to see if this method actually works. Has anyone tried it? If you have no idea what I’m talking about, check out this explanation >> The Envelope System Explained
2. No heat styling my hair. Yes, for a whole month I am going to try not to blow dry or curl my hair. My hair is naturally curly, but I’ve basically killed the curls from styling it, and they just don’t look good when I let them do their thang. I was inspired to do this by Coco (although she has WAY curlier hair than me), and she suggested co-washing, not brushing it, and using sunflower seed oil. So I’m going to try it!
3. Update my capsule wardrobe. This is both a personal goal and a blog-related goal, as I want to share with you all what my Fall/Winter Capsule is going to look like! I know it’s going to be pretty similar to last year’s, but I’m definitely in need of some new sweaters and boots. I’ll no doubt be pinning for inspiration, so make sure you’re following me on Pinterest!
What are your goals for September?