25 Daily Affirmations To Improve Your Mindset
Affirmations seem to be having a moment right now. Everyone in the wellness space is praising the benefits of using affirmations in daily life, but are they all they’re cracked up to be?
At first, I was skeptical about the idea of affirming myself (it just seems so self-indulgent, right?), but I’ve come to realize how much of a positive impact they can have on my mindset.
Since your thoughts play a big part in your overall success and happiness, it’s important to find ways to improve your mindset. If you don’t, you risk falling into negative thought patterns and holding yourself back.
Affirmations are a powerful way to improve your mindset on a daily basis, and research has shown that they can increase our feelings of self-worth.
In this post, I’m sharing what you need to know about affirmations and how to use them, plus a list of 25 daily affirmations that will help you maintain a positive state of mind when times are tough.
What Exactly Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive reminders or statements that can be used to encourage and motivate yourself or others. Often it’s a lot easier to affirm others than it is ourselves, but we need to remember to encourage ourselves as well.
I’ve seen a lot of people use affirmations to convince themselves of something they perhaps don’t believe about themselves yet. Telling yourself “I’m financially abundant” when you feel broke isn’t necessarily going to make you attract more money. In fact, research has shown that people who say positive self-statements like “I’m a lovable person” when they don’t believe it can actually make them feel worse.
It’s a lot easier to affirm others than it is ourselves, but we need to remember to encourage ourselves as well.
In my opinion, a better approach is something called “self-affirmation.” According to Lisa Legault, assistant professor of psychology at Clarkson University, “Self-affirmation is the process of reminding yourself of the values and interests ‘that constitute your true or core self’ […] It’s taking stock of who you are and what you care about.” (Source)
Self-affirmation encourages you to think positively about the important things in your life.
Rather than trying to convince yourself that you’re beautiful when you don’t feel that way, self-affirmation encourages you to think positively about the important things in your life, like your family, career, or hobbies. This means reflecting on things that you know and believe are good about yourself and your life.
Related Post: How To Overcome Mindset Blocks That Hold You Back
How to Use Affirmations
Some people say affirmations out loud in front of a mirror. Others simply write them down in a journal. You can also repeat them in your head like a mantra during meditation.
The important thing is to find affirmations that resonate with you. I’ll admit that there are plenty of affirmations out there that are just too woo-woo for me and do not resonate with me. Sometimes people throw in words like “manifest” and “abundance,” but these words simply don’t resonate with me (but maybe they do for you!).
The important thing is to find affirmations that resonate with you.
Start by choosing two to three affirmations from the list below that resonate with you. From there, decide if you will say them aloud, write them down, or recite them in your head. Try to do this in the morning or before you go to bed as part of your daily routine.
The key here is that you don’t have to go through a running list of affirmations every day. Just choose a few that really speak to you and encourage you to keep moving forward.
Related Post: 5 Mindset Shifts That Have Changed My Life
25 Affirmations to Improve Your Mindset
Now that you’ve learned more about affirmations and how they work, here are some examples of affirmations that you can use on a daily basis. Pick a few that resonate with you or simply write your own!
- I create a safe and secure space for myself wherever I am.
- I give myself permission to do what is right for me.
- I am confident in my ability to [fill in the blank].
- I use my time and talents to help others [fill in the blank].
- What I love about myself is my ability to [fill in the blank].
- I feel proud of myself when I [fill in the blank].
- I give myself space to grow and learn.
- I allow myself to be who I am without judgment.
- I listen to my intuition and trust my inner guide.
- I accept my emotions and let them serve their purpose.
- I give myself the care and attention that I deserve.
- My drive and ambition allow me to achieve my goals.
- I share my talents with the world by [fill in the blank].
- I am good at helping others to [fill in the blank].
- I am always headed in the right direction.
- I trust that I am on the right path.
- I am creatively inspired by the world around me.
- My mind is full of brilliant ideas.
- I put my energy into things that matter to me.
- I trust myself to make the right decision.
- I am becoming closer to my true self every day.
- I am grateful to have people in my life who [fill in the blank].
- I am learning valuable lessons from myself every day.
- I am at peace with who I am as a person.
- I make a difference in the world by simply existing in it.
What Are Your Favorite Affirmations?
Have you tried affirmations before? Share your favorite words of encouragement in the comments below!
Want blissful tips in your inbox?
Sign up to receive my weekly email every Wednesday!
Welcome, friend! Check your email to confirm your subscription.