Post Updated on September 4, 2020
At the end of every year, I like to take some time to reflect and think about everything that’s happened over the past twelve months.
I know exactly how easy it is to get caught up in the stress and overwhelm of life, and sometimes we forget about the little moments that brought us joy amidst it all.
Most of us don’t even recognize our accomplishments because we spend so much time focusing on what went wrong or what we missed out on.
That’s why it’s so important to slow down and dig into what you accomplished and overcame this year, especially so that you can let go of what needs to be let go of.
Whether you’re new to journaling or just want a quick exercise to reflect on your year, I’ve put together 25 journal prompts to help you let go of the past year and move into the new year with a fresh mindset!
Feel free to make this time into a relaxing ritual for 30 minutes or so. Brew a cup of tea or hot cocoa, sit by the fireplace, light a candle, and play your favorite music while you write!
- How did I take care of myself this year? Could I have done a better job? If so, how?
- How will I commit to taking even better care of myself next year?
- What self-care practices make me feel better? How can I do them more?
- What was my mindset like this year? What did I focus my thoughts on?
- What did I overthink or worry about? Was it worth it?
- How can I improve my mindset in the next year? How will I commit to keeping a positive mindset?
- How was my relationship with myself this year? How did I treat myself physically and mentally?
- What does it mean to love myself? How will I practice self-love next year?
- How satisfied was I with my work this year? What changes can I make that will help me feel fulfilled with my work?
- What is my focus for my job/career/work in the new year?
- Who did I spend time with this year? What did we do together?
- Did I let go of anyone this year? How did that feel?
- Do I want to focus on nourishing my current relationships or creating new ones? How will I do that?
- How much money do I currently have? How does that number feel?
- What am I making money for? What’s my motivation to create more income or save more?
- How can I become more financially savvy next year?
- Did I take care of myself physically this year through exercise, sleep, and nutrition? How or why not?
- What can I do to make my well-being a priority next year?
- How do I feel about my body? How can I improve my relationship with my body?
- In what ways did I grow as a person this year? What/who influenced me? What did I learn?
- What skills/practices do I want to learn or master in the new year?
- How did I have fun this year? What are my favorite memories?
- What are my hobbies? How can I make time for those next year?
- What did I accomplish this year? What am I proud of myself for?
- What are my top three goals for next year? How will I stay on track with my goals?
Cheers to another year!
I hope these journal prompts encourage you to reflect on the good moments from the past year and set you up with some goals and intentions for the new year. Feel free to let me know some of your top reflections from this list!