Last Updated on June 27, 2016
Hello, July! I’m not exactly sure where the other six months of the year have gone – they just keep moving so quickly!
I’m officially moving into my new apartment this weekend, and it will feel so nice to finally have the craziness of that over with! I can’t believe this process has been going on since April. Moving is never a simple task, unless of course you’re Coco who seriously has it down to a tee. Once we get everything decorated, I’ll be sure to post some pictures for you guys to see :D
As for goals, I didn’t do too shabby considering I was distracted most of the time by moving-related stuff. Here’s how my June goals went:
1. Get back into a workout routine. I was doing really well with this one until the past week where it’s been so incredibly hot in Seattle that I didn’t want to move. I plan to keep following my Summer Workout Routine, and now I’ll actually have a mini gym at my apartment complex so I can use that if it’s too hot outside!
2. Only have one tab open on my computer at a time. I’m not going to say I was perfect at this, but any time I noticed I had more than one tab open, I’d find a way to close them. Pocket was a real helper for saving articles to read for later, and I found I was much more productive when I wasn’t flicking between tabs. I do think two tabs is probably a more realistic long-term goal.
3. Create a summer bucketlist. I actually didn’t get round to this one! I know for sure that I want to go to Portland, go hiking, and paddleboarding – so maybe I’ll just keep it at that!
MY TOP THREE GOALS FOR jULY
1. Do the 30-day squat challenge. I’ve never really done one of these targeted challenges before, so I’m kind of excited to give this a go. I’m sure my buns are going to hate me.
2. Meditate every morning. I have been seriously slacking on meditation lately, but I’ve been really needing to calm my thoughts down. I’m going to aim for at least 5 minutes every morning.
3. Hike to Tolmie Peak. Umm hello, this view looks incredible. There are so many great places to hike in Washington, and this one looks like a must!
What are your goals for July? Any vacation plans?
Congrats on meeting your goals, I hope you can cross everything off your July list as well! Love these posts Catherine, they really motivate me to try and set new goals for myself too. :D xxxxx
I’m glad these posts motivate you! That makes me super happy :D Happy July!
That hike looks so amazing!! I hope you get a chance to do it :) I might have to put that one on my bucketlist haha…
Haha I really hope I get to as well! It has such an amazing view!
The one-tab thing makes so much sense to me! I actually have 9 up right now–yikes! :S I’m going to try to work on that this month!
Love your list! Looks like July will be fun for you!
It’s such a great challenge, I definitely recommend it! Thanks, Rebecca :D
I really love the meditation goal. That would be a great one to keep.
Tegan xx – Permanent Procrastination
Btw check out my sweet Lightbox Giveaway if you haven’t already!
I did 5 minutes this morning! Woohoo. And I just entered your wonderful giveaway!
Sometimes I forget that yoga is so much more than a daily 30-minute workout. To get the most out of it that you can, it should be a lifestyle, and meditation regardless of whether or not you do a yoga workout is most certainly part of that! I haven’t tried meditating by myself yet, but I’ll give it a shot! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s
It’s definitely so much more than a body thing – I love that you can both clear your mind and get a workout in with yoga. You should try the Calm app for meditating, it makes it super easy!
Thanks, I just downloaded it! Can’t wait to try it out :) I might also listen to it right before bed :P
I have seriously been slacking on my workout lately since Summer has officially arrived and need to get back into a routine as well! Also, I have heard so much about morning meditation and would love to try it :) Sounds like a great way to de-stress and start off the morning with a positive vibe xx
Jacqueline | Sail Away to Neverland ♡
It’s hard to workout when it’s so hot outside lol! And meditation is really great in the morning! I think it gets the whole day off to a good start :)
I always mean to try and meditate frequently but it never happens. I should really make it a goal too! I finally wrote a summer bucket list but now I need to get round to completing it! x
I’ve been using the Calm app, and you can set it so it reminds you to meditate every day. That’s been pretty helpful for me! Hope you have a lovely summer xx
I finally started with my workout, yay! So your 30 day squat goal comes at the right time to add some variety into my routine :)
Yes, it’s so weird to think that we’re already halfway through the year… I feel like as I get “older” the time goes by faster haha. I should have the ‘Only have one tab open on my computer at a time’ as a goal too because I’m even embarrassed to say how many tabs I have open right now. I just download Pocket so I will hopefully get better at this :)
Good luck with your July goals! I would love to start meditating every day too. I used the Headspace app a few moths ago and I did it for 10 days straight which always made me feel better but life got in the way and unfortunately I stopped.
And good luck with the moving as well! I would love to see the pictures of how you decorated everything once it’s finished :) x
I have nooooo clue where this year went either. Also, I totally get your struggle with one tab. I took the one tab challenge for one day and failed miserably; I can’t imagine a full month. Good luck with your July goals!!!
wow– that view does look so awesome!
Great goals. I really need to do my workout again as I’m sitting in front of the computer all day long :P
I applaud you for keeping only one tab open, becase right now I have seven! Hahaha! I’m planning to do the 30 day squat challenge in August, I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it! <3
xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin’