How To Uplevel Your Life
I’ve been thinking about ways that I can “uplevel” my life this year. You might have heard the word uplevel floating around on the internet, and I think it’s a good way to describe moving up to a higher place from where you once were (maybe it’s supposed to be level up, but I’m sticking with the term uplevel).
I want to be more in tune with myself, hustle a little harder (while still taking care of myself), be more efficient, and be less concerned with what people think of me.
If you’ve been feeling stuck or like you’re not where you want to be in life, maybe it’s time for certain behaviors, habits, or mindsets to shift. In this post, I’m sharing 7 ways you can be more intentional this year to uplevel your lifestyle.
What does uplevel your life mean?
To uplevel your life means:
- Being better than you were in the past
- Letting go of the things that have held you back for a long time
- Letting go of self-sabotaging behavior
- Not living on autopilot
- Making choices and decisions that align with the bigger vision you have for your life
This can all sound a little woo-woo, but I’m sure you have that little voice in your head that tells you that you could be doing something more or something greater with your life.
In a way, upleveling or *leveling up” is similar to playing a video game. You improve your skills each level you play, and you move up to the next level once you’ve conquered a certain stage.
“You only have control over three things in your life – the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take.”― Jack Canfield, The Success Principles
Why uplevel your life?
I’m sure you’ve said to yourself on occasion (or maybe all the damn time) that you need to make changes in your life. Maybe you see other people living a certain lifestyle and wish you could have the same thing. You might feel stuck where you are with no sense of fulfillment in your life.
When it comes down to it, we all want to feel fulfilled in our work, our personal lives, and our relationships. If we start to act with more intention, we create the foundation needed to make changes in our lives instead of just wishing for them.
You can design your life in any way that you want to. You just have to be clear and committed to your idea. There’s no point in making a plan you’re not going to stick to.
How To Uplevel Your Life
There are countless ways you can be more intentional and change your life in a positive way. Here are some of the things to consider focusing on:
- Improve the way you talk to yourself
- Expand what you believe is possible for yourself
- Focus on the current moment more than the past or the future
- Identify your top five values and what they mean to you
- Commit to activities, experiences, and people that uphold your values
- Keep your values written in a visible place so you are reminded of them often
- Write down your vision for the future and what you would like to achieve
- Set goals for yourself that align with your vision
- Revisit your vision often so you are reminded of your intentions
- Commit to habits that align with your values and vision
- Develop a morning routine that nourishes your mind, body, and soul
- Set daily intentions that encourage you to keep showing up in your life
- Plan action steps that align with your goals
- Map out your daily and weekly workflows
- Focus on sticking to the plans you set for yourself
6. Actions & Decisions
- Make choices that align with your values and priorities
- Listen to your inner guide when making decisions
- Get out of your own head and take imperfect action
- Hold yourself accountable to your intentions
- Stop wasting time with distractions and procrastination
- Set clear boundaries with your time and energy
Review the list above and make note of the things you want to work on. Revisit your notes often as a reminder to be more intentional with what you do on a daily basis.
7 ways to uplevel your mindset, habits, and actions so you can reach your goals ✨Tweet
How will you uplevel your life?
I hope this post has given you some inspiration to live your life more intentionally this year. Remember that you get to design your life in any way that you want to – you just have to be committed to your vision.